Tourism and Hospitality have seen their growths in various domains. Whether it be leisure or business or medical tourism and hospitality, people from all societies of the world come to India for such related services. Check this course page to know more information about the various admissions going on in India, universities offering Travel courses and colleges imparting university approved education.
Travel and Tourism in India has a huge potential and and is developing and an awareness is coming up in the minds of the people that new opportunities are being created for skilled men and women to address. Opportunities like officers, information assistants, tourist guides are open for people. Such opportunities are also available in industries like travel agencies, hotels, airlines, cargo companies and cruises. Simultaneously courses are also being made available to ensure people in this field to be skilled and knowledgeable about the questions they will have to face. The travel and tourism industry is growing by leap and bounds in India. So, are the job prospects. If you are young, dynamic and have lots of patience, this sector is for you. Apart from good package, it provides ample opportunities to travel for free.
This course helps in knowing the trends of the tourism industry. They can gain knowledge regarding the working and functioning of the travel industry to become seasoned professionals later.
The duration is 3 years. It is generally offered as a full time course.
Any candidate with 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board of the country. Generally 40% in aggregate is looked for. There is also relaxation for SC/ST candidates according to university rules.
- The syllabus for B.A in Tourism as offered by different colleges and universities:-
- A Brief Course on Study of India
- Ecology, Environment and Tourism
- Foundation course in English
- Feature Writing
- Environment Studies
- Foundation Course in any of the modern Indiana languages like Hindi, Bengali etc
- Foundation Course in Science and Technology
- Foundation Course in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Foundation Course in Tourism
- Human Environment
- Indian Culture: A perspective for Tourism
- Management in Tourism
- Tourism Development: Product, Operations and Case Studies
- Tourism Marketing
Top colleges and Universities offering the course
- Don Bosco College, Sultan Bathery
- Guru Nanak Khalsa College, Yamuna Nagar
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Kalkatiya University, Warangal
- Mahatma Gandhi Memorial College, Udupi
- University of Calicut
- Amity University
There are numerous job opportunities catering to different sectors like Airlines, Hospitality, Food industry, Immigration sector, Ticketing Agencies, Government Tourism Departments.
The type of roles that one can take is as follows:-
- Tour Operators
- Front Office Executive
- Tourist guide
- Visa Executive
- Airlines Staff
- Cabin Crew
- Tourist Guide
- A candidate can also opt for higher studies in the same field.