Applications are open for admission to full time/ part time even semester of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program at Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET), Longowal for the session 2016.
Admission to Ph.D. program is available in the department of Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Humanities (English), Food Engineering & Technology, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering and Physics.
Eligibility Criteria for SLIET, Longowal:
Candidates should have a master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Science/ Humanities/ Management with 60% marks (55% for reserved categories) in relevant disciplines.
How to Apply for SLIET, Longowal:
- Candidates can download the application form.
- The duly filled-in application form should be submitted along with a fee of Rs. 1200/- (Rs. 800/- for girls & Rs.600/- for SC/ST candidates) by demand draft in favour of “DIRECTOR SLIET” payable at Longowal/ Sangrur (demand draft should be preferably of Central Bank of India or State Bank of India or Oriental Bank of Commerce or Punjab National Bank or State Bank of Patiala or ICICI Bank). Or by cash at accounts section cash counter at SLIET, Longowal
Selection Procedure for SLIET, Longowal:
- Selection is based on the performance in All India SLIET EntranceTest (SET-V) and research proposal/interview.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC/ CSIR (JRF) NET with or without fellowship/ NET (ASRB)/ State level eligibility test (SLET/SET)/ GATE are exempted from appearing for the entrance examination.
- Last date for applying: Tuesday, December 15, 2015.
- Date of entrance test (SET-V): Saturday, January 02, 2016.
- Display of list of qualified candidates: Wednesday, January 06, 2016.
- Presentation of research proposal/interview: Friday, January 08, 2016.
- Declaration of final result: Tuesday, January 12, 2016.
- Commencement of classes for Ph.D: Friday, January 15, 2016.