Applications are open for admission to 2 years full time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program with a special focus on Insurance and Management at National Insurance Academy (NIA), Pune for the commencing session 2016-18. The program covers a wide range of key functional areas in Life Insurance, General Insurance, Health Insurance, Pension and Group Insurance, and Actuarial Science.
NIA gives 9 Scholarships of Rs. 1 lac each to meritorious students, girl students, and eligible students belonging to specified categories including students belonging to economically weaker sections. One of the sponsors (GIC Re) of the Academy has instituted 5 Scholarships for students to the extent of 50% of the program fee per students. These Scholarships are meant for meritorious students belonging to the lower income category.
Eligibility Criteria for NIA, Pune:
- Applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 50% marks obtained in the Bachelor degree examination. Students appearing for final year can apply, subject to declaration of their examination Results by June 30, 2016.
- Applicants should have appeared for CAT 2015 or CMAT 2016.
- Upper age limit is 26 years for general/ OBC – NC candidates, and 28 years for SC / ST /D A candidates as on 1 July 2016.
How to Apply for NIA, Pune:
- Candidates can apply online.
- The application fee applicable for the NIA PGDM program is Rs. Rs. 1260/- (including processing fee of Rs. 60/-).
- Candidates can pay online through credit cards, debit cards and net banking.
Selection Procedure for NIA, Pune:
- Selection to NIA is a process based on the following steps:
- Past academic record
- Scores in CAT 2015 or CMAT 2016
- Performance in group discussions and personal interview
Last date for submission of application form: Tuesday, March 15, 2016.