Applications are invited by Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad for admission to even semester Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Engineering, Management, Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) and Geographic Information System (GIS) for the session 2016.
Ph.D program is offered under the department of Applied Mechanics, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, GIS Cell, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics and School of Management Studies.
Eligibility Criteria for MNNIT, Allahabad:
- For Ph.D in Engineering Programs:
o Candidate should have a master degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with marks not below 60% or Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) 6.5. Or
o Candidate with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or master’s degree in Science/Applied biological sciences/Computer Application or any appropriate discipline with minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0.
- For Ph.D in Management Programs:
o Candidate with a master’s degree in Management/Technology/ Engineering/ Economics/ Commerce / Science / Computer Applications/Social Science with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5. Or
o Candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0 shall be considered. Or
o A qualified Chartered Accountant should be having minimum three years of professional experience as practicing Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 60% marks at both graduation level, as well as CA examination.
- For Ph.D in Sciences and HSS Programs:
o Candidate should have a master’s degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 60% Marks or CPI 6.5. Or
o Candidate with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy with marks not below 75% or CPI 8.0 is eligible.
- For Ph.D in GIS Programs:
o Candidate should have M.Tech. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/ Civil Engineering/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Electronics/ Information Technology/ Agriculture Engineering/ Mining Engineering with minimum marks 60% or CPI 6.5. Or
o Candidate with a M.Sc. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/ Applied Geology/ Geophysics/ Geography/ Environmental Science/ Computer Science or degree in Master of Computer Application with minimum marks 75% or CPI 8.0. Or
o Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0.
How to Apply for MNNIT, Allahabad:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Application fee is Rs. 1200/- (Rs. 600/- for SC/ST students).
- Fee payment can be made by either online payment mode by credit/debit card, internet banking or offline mode by challan.
- Candidates should take print out of the form, attach photocopy of all required documents and send it to “Admission Cell, Office of the Dean (Academic), Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, Allahabad – 211 004”. on the top of envelop candidates should write the name of the program applying for. e.g. “Application for Ph.D. in the Department of ……………… Engineering.
Selection Procedure for MNNIT, Allahabad:
- Candidates are selected based on interviews and/or written examination.
- Shortlisted candidates after written examination will be allowed for interview only after verification of documents in original.
- Last date for filling up online application: Tuesday, December 15, 2015.
- Display of list of candidates for entrance examination: Friday, December 18, 2015.
- Date of written examination: Wednesday, December 23, 2015.
- Date of interview: Friday, January 01, 2016.