Applications are invited by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani for admission to second semester full time and part time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Economics and Finance, Management, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmacy, Physics, Humanities and Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary areas such as Biotechnology, Energy, Environment, Robotics, Nano-Science & Nanotechnology and Water Management offered at Hyderabad, Goa and Pilani campuses for the academic session 2015-16.
Eligibility Criteria for BITS, Pilani:
- Candidates with M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination are eligible.
- Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for Ph.D. admission subject to their suitability and competence. For Ph.D. program in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. and with minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered.
- Full time students: Candidates are required to devote their full time towards Ph.D
- Part time students: Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani will be eligible.
How to Apply for BITS, Pilani:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Candidates need to take printout of the filled application form and send it to Dean Admissions, BITS Pilani-333031 along with the prescribed fee of Rs. 2090/-
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Selection Procedure for BITS, Pilani:
Candidates selected based on their performance in written test and interview.
- Last date for completed application form to reach admission office: Monday, December 14, 2015.
- Declaration of shortlist to candidates (through BITS website): Sunday, December 20, 2015.
- Date of test and interview: Tuesday, January 05, 2016.
- Announcement of admission offers: Thursday, January 07, 2016.